This section provides answers to some of the questions we commonly encounter from prospective students or others looking to engage with the Institute.
1. What type of academic calendar does AIMS follow?
There are two main semesters: Fall and Spring.
2. Why does AIMS follow a semester-based academic calendar?
Semester, trimester or quarter-based academic calendars are generally followed by universities all over the world. We have adopted a semester-based approach as we believe that it is the best for our students. HEC and Government of the Punjab recommend the same and many of the top universities of the world follow this approach as well.
3. Do AIMS graduates gain admission in public and private universities, here and abroad, for higher studies?
Our degree is recognized by the HEC and considered worldwide.
4. What is meant by “Offer of Admission on a Provisional-Basis”?
A number of students who apply for admission do so before receiving the final results of a qualification that is the entrance requirement. Such students are offered admission on provisional basis. Students admitted on a provisional-basis are required to submit their final results as soon as they are announced, failing which their offers of admission stand withdrawn.
5. What happens to the registration status of a result-awaiting student who fails and is required to appear in the supplementary examination?
Result-awaiting students are admitted on a provisional-basis only. In case, they fail to achieve the required marks when their results are declared, their registration is frozen immediately through an application by student. They are not allowed to continue in that semester, but the fees that they have paid for that semester can be transferred to the next one in case they obtain the required marks in the supplementary examination.
6. Can ICS students gain admission in the BS Computer Science, BS Computer Engineering, BS Telecommunication Engineering?
Yes, those having studied Computer Science are eligible for admission in the above mentioned program.
7. Can holders of DAE obtain admission in the BS Engineering programs?
A candidate who has passed Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) examination, securing at least 60% aggregate marks, shall be eligible for admission against seats in the same discipline of engineering in which he or she has passed the Diploma examination.
8. What is the accreditation status of the BS in Engineering programs being offered at AIMS?
The BS Electrical Engineering program being offered by AIMS is accredited from Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) under an affiliation with GC University Faisalabad.
9. What is the status of AIMS Computer labs?
Yes, we have two computer labs with capacity to accommodate 300 students at one time.
10. Do we have labs in Department of Health Sciences?
Yes we have fully equipped, state of the art lab in basic medical sciences.
11. What activities does AIMS organize to ensure that her graduates find appropriate employment after qualification?
At AIMS, students are not only trained to exhibit their full potential, they are also provided with an array of services for facilitating their career planning and job placement. AIMS offer skill-development workshops and knowledge enhancing seminars to the Students.
12. Does UMT accept transfer-students from other universities?
13. Do international universities accept transfer of credit from AIMS?
Overseas universities generally accept credits from all Pakistani universities that are recognized by the HEC.